Cheng’s Dumplings are delicious when boiled or pan-friend, so choose whatever preparation method you’d like!*
For Boiled Dumplings
- Boil a pot of water (enough so your dumplings can swim around).
- Place dumplings in boiling water one at a time. Gently stir.
- Wait for water to boil again, add 1 cup of cold water. Gently stir.
- Repeat Step 3 one more time.
- Gently take dumplings out with a sifted spoon and serve!
For Pan-fried Dumplings
- Heat a couple tablespoons of oil in the bottom of a non-stick or cast iron skillet over moderate heat until shimmering. Add the dumplings in a single layer and cook, swirling the pan, until an even deep golden brown on the bottom, 1-2 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high and add water until it covers the dumplings by a third to a half.
- Cover with a lid and steam until the dumplings are cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook, swirling the pan regularly, until the remaining water has evaporated and the dumplings are crisp again.
Buy some from us, or create it at home! Just mix equal parts soy sauce and sesame oil, then add sesame seeds, and freshly minced garlic together to taste.
You can add rice vinegar to thin it a bit and add some extra flavor, or include some chili oil to give it a kick!
*Please be aware that under-cooking dumplings can result in food poisoning, so be sure to cook thoroughly! By using this website and /or purchasing from us you agree to abide by Terms & Conditions listed here.